- COLLECTION: PACIFIC PROVENCE
- WIDTH:13' 2"
- PATTERN REPEAT:13 1/4"W x 14"L
- CONSTRUCTION: WILTON WOVEN
- FIBER:37% WOOL / 37% POLYSILK / 26% VISCOSE
Wool has been the standard in floorcovering for centuries and represents all the qualities that synthetic fibers try to emulate. We use only the finest wools from around the world, which provides all the benefits that wool has to offer. Naturally resilient to dirt and soiling makes wools exceptionally easy to maintain. Wool is also non-allergenic, and naturally flame retardant. The combination of strength and durability ensures that your carpet will maintain its long-lasting beauty.
VISCOSE & VISCOSE BLENDS
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Viscose fibers are a natural fiber and are inherently absorbent and should not be placed in areas that are damp or where spills are likely to occur (kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and porches). If spills do occur blot immediately with a clean dry cloth and apply a dry clean agent such as Host or Capture, follow the recommended instructions for dry clean products, multiple applications are sometimes needed.
Give your carpet the normal protection from direct sunlight that you would give to any colored fabric. Fading can be caused by emissions from heating fuels or chemicals such as pesticides, household cleaning agents, and other household items.
Maintaining your quality purchase will repay you by keeping its beauty for many years.
- Vacuum regularly. Frequent vacuuming is a carpet’s best friend. A suction only canister vacuum is best to prevent excess pilling, fuzzing, and pulls. However, if this type is not available, set a vacuum so that the brush is furthest away from the surface of the carpet.
- Remove spills immediately.
- Professionally clean as needed. Do not apply stain-repellent treatments that contain silicone because they tend to accelerate carpet soiling.
- Keep doormats clean. Exercise preventative maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Change or launder when these mats become soiled.
- The vacuum cleaner dust bag should be changed when half full.
- Filters in your heating and air conditioning systems should be changed regularly.
STEPS FOR SPOT REMOVAL:
One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is the removal of spots and spills. Acting quickly when anything is spilled or dropped, and always having the necessary cleaning materials at hand are of the utmost importance.
- Immediately blot (do not rub) spills with white paper towels or with a clean absorbent cloth. Scoop up solids.
- Blot up the spill with a blotting motion. Flip cloth to prevent reapplying soil. Do Not Rub!
- Spot cleaning with dry cleaning products only
- Work inwards from the edge of the spot to prevent excess spreading.
- Apply Dry Cleaning Agent (Host, Capture or Dri-Mate.)
- Wait a few minutes for the cleaning agent to work on the spot. Follow recommended directions.
- Once the cleaning agent has removed the spot, blot excessive moisture by applying pressure with paper towels or a dry absorbent cloth.
RECOMMENDED PROFESSIONAL CLEANING
- Dry cleaning systems such as Capture®; Host®; Dri-Mate®; Wool Clean by Wools of New Zealand and Chem-Dry